Once In A Lifetime


Wolfsheim - Once in a Lifetime


Can you believe that for years I thought that knitting a sweater was too complicated for me? Popcorn sweater was the first sweater I ever knitted, and I made two versions by now.. For both versions I used the same type of yarn - Countryside by Troitsk Yarns.. It's a very nice and soft blend of wool and acrylic (50-50%).. I'm very sad because it's not available in Belgrade shops anymore.. The same yarn I used for knitting my Polka-dot Sweater (without polka-dots).. 
My first version of Popcorn sweater was in the blue color and you can see on the photos bellow.. I took me about 10 days to finish it and I was overwhelmed with the outcome!! It got a lot of wear over the past year and I decided to make another one in black color.. The pattern is for a raglan sleeve sweater..  With bobbles included it's really a perfect sweater for me.. I love knitting bobbles (in this case called popcorn), and in this project there is really a lot of them.. Instructions are very clear and easy to follow.. I used recommended needle size 4.5 mm.. I made only one change to the pattern, instead of knitting bobbles every 15th round, I made them every 12th round.. That's why both of my sweater have so many of them.. While knitting my second, black, sweater I spontaneously decided to slightly change the shape of sleeves.. Instead of gradual decrease, I just did it at the end, before the rib.. That small change was enough to leave me without enough yarn to finish my second sleeve, so I had to improvise.. I found black metallic mohair yarn, leftover from another project and used it for the ribbing on the sleeves.. Smart choice with a discrete sparkle visible only to a well trained eye.. 










Photo: Matija Vukov

Comments