Voleo bih...




Over the years I've knitted many projects, usually small ones like hats, scarfs, socks and mittens.. Knitting a sweater seemed too complicated to me.. After discovering A Nordic Knitting Tale knitting patterns last January, I decided that it was time to try something new.. I immediately fell in love with Popcorn sweater and I knitted my first version in about 10 days!! This white sweater is also ANKT pattern, called Polka-dot sweater.. I didn't pick that one only because of the cute polka-dots.. I loved the puffy sleeves, and the shape of the sleeves.. In my stash I had 5 white and 4 black yarns of wool blend by Troitsk yarns.. Since the dots are embroidered on a finished project, I decided to knit white sweater and to add black dots.. 
Knitting of the sweater was much  more complicated to me than the simple raglan shaped one.. This was my first time doing short rows and it took me a while to figure it out.. I had problems getting the right gauge.. I know that everyone's advice is to do a test knit, but I was more into learning from my mistakes, over and over again.. I was changing the needle size and knitting tension in order to get the right measurements.. I started the sweater from the scratch at least five or six times.. Meanwhile, I didn't let all the unraveling to stress me out, or make me give up the project.. I was sure I'll get it right at some point.. In November I finally finished the sweater, and I was happy with the result.. I knitted the size S, and it turned out slightly larger.. Overall I love the fit, and how soft and snugly it is.. And the best thing - it is friendly with cat hair!! I have a white fluffy friend, whose hair is everywhere..  
Before I started embroidering the black dots, I decided to use the black yarn for another Popcorn sweater.. I was sure that I'll have leftover yarn, enough for dots.. I must confess that I was wrong.. Now I'm still not sure if I should add dots using another type of yarn, or I should go crazy and add something else like large round sequins.. Who knows, maybe I'll come up with a third solution.. For now I'm satisfied with just a plain white puffy sleeve sweater..  







Photo: Matija Vukov

Comments

  1. Much more wearable plain - as it is it's a wardrobe classic. With the dots, although they are cute, you are limiting yourself somewhat at to where you can wear it and what with. Look forward to seeing the black one too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment