Heart Of Glass





It looks that I’ve made a break from sewing dresses.. I still don’t know how that happened.. Here is my latest make, also my make for March for Burda Challenge 2015.. From the first moment I saw pattern for this dress I wanted to make it.. To be more precise, there are two versions of this pattern #117 and #118 (Burda 03/2015).. First is a mini wedding dress, and second is a dress with piped seams.. I wanted to mix all elements that I liked into one dress.. This was a perfect opportunity to use piping on a dress.. Also I wanted to make a version with long sleeves as it is with the pattern for a wedding dress because I really liked those cute closures with buttons..




I went through my fabric stash for a few times, and none of the fabrics was good enough.. That’s when I knew it was time for fabric shopping.. Something strange is going on around here, and we are losing our stores with friendly priced fabrics.. I had to think of my budget and buy exact length of the fabric that I needed.. In my case, 1.30m was enough for this dress.. Soon as I saw this cute, super soft viscose I immediately had a picture in my mind.. Black and ivory hearts would go perfectly with turquoise details..  Sewing this dress was a true pleasure.. With the fabric it was love at first touch.. There were no problems with sewing the piping, button loops, or any other detail.. The whole process went smoothly.. I only had to wait for about 10 days to make the smallest size covered buttons..





This dress has so many details I wanted to show you and (once again) I had a problem with selecting photos.. I like how the piping matches perfectly with the fabric I used for making covered buttons.. Button loops are made from the fabric I used for the rest of the dress.. I added lining to the skirt, starting from the waist panel.. The panel has interfacing, and I didn’t like the idea for it to be visible or to touch my skin.. In the end, I’m very happy to have another cute dress to wear..






Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :D

Comments

  1. I love that colour combination! That shade of blue is just delicious. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) this dress needed a pop of color ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh that's my favourite Blondie song, and the dress matches it perfectly. Those button details are very sweet. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to hear that that's your fav Blondie song ;)
      thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I adore your dress! It's perfect and I love the turquoise accents. Such attention to detail has truly paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot :) I discovered that I enjoy sewing details ;) I'm not sure why I didn't make them more often..

      Delete
  4. The turqoise of the piping is gorgeous … goes perfectly with the print. Beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the buttons on the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just gorgeous! Love those details with the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours, and those details and just something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous! I'd never thought to pair turquiose with black and ivory. I think the colours matches beautifully.

    I'm making my wedding dress off this pattern and I was wondering if I could ask you a few things concerning the pattern:
    1) Which size did you end up using with 1.30m of fabric?
    2) According to Budastyle's sizing chart, my size falls between 18-19 on the petite scale. Based on your experience, would 2m be more than enough to make the dress?

    Looking forward to your response and many thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for kind words :)

      With Burda patterns I usually use size 34 (17 for petite), that was the case with this dress too.. Somehow, the fit on me is better when I go with size smaller than sizing chart suggests..
      In many years of using Burda patterns I stopped looking at their suggested amount of fabric for the project, because they ask for a lot more fabric than it's actually needed for a project.. If you're not sure about amount of fabric needed for your dress, you should cut all the pattern pieces and place them on the fabric you plan to use (or if you still haven't bought it, on any other fabric that has the same width as the one you plan to use), and you'll see if 2m is enough..
      I hope this helps you make your wedding dress :)

      Delete

Post a Comment