(Per)verzija




I'm in a phase of making clothes with snap fasteners!! Recently the place where I used to go to install snaps (for a friendly price) closed and I had to invest in the hand press machine for metal snaps.. That was kinda my plan for the future, but this unfortunate event has shifted my priorities.. Now I'm fully enjoying the luxury of doing everything at home.. On my Instagram profile you can see only one part of many skirt's I've made for my shop (and yes, I plan to make one or two for myself).. 



The dress I'm showing you now is actually my second make using redrafted bodice pattern #124 from Burda Style 01/2012.. The pattern is for a leather bustier which I used a couple times before (1234).. This model was on my mind for a long time, very easy to make using this basic bustier pattern.. I also decided to play it safe by using this pattern because I know the fit is spot on.. My change to the pattern is only adding placket and straps.. I like these ones you can adjust for a better fit.. The pleated skirt is drafted by me and has inseam pockets.. My original idea was to make the midi length skirt but with 1.30 m of fabric length I had to settle with above the knee skirt.. The dress is fully lined.. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to show you cute floral lining I used for the skirt.. It goes great with this super cute cotton with stripes and herons.. The fabric was in my stash from year or two ago.. I remember that last year I made skirts with this fabric for my shop, and a few months ago I made a dress for my friends baby Olga (you can see that cuteness here).. My fave thing about this dress is the chevron pattern I made on the bodice.. 




Behind the camera - Matija Vukov

Comments

  1. Hi there! Lovely lovely dress!

    What hand press machine do you use for snaps? I have the Prym one but I've never really managed to work it properly, but it could be because I'm not using the right size snaps/fabric combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) I've been using metal snaps size 12.5mm for a long time and I never had any problems with the fabric.. My main tip is adding interfacing to the fabric which makes everything stable and lowers a chance of ripping the fabric.. I have Prym pliers which I used for their plastic snaps, and it worked perfectly.. Their plastic snaps are very strong so adding interfacing is a must, especially on lighter fabrics.. The press machine I use for metal snaps is a large metal one (like one on the link bellow).. It takes slightly more strength, but the result is great.. Even I didn't make any mistake on my first try.. Just my hand hurt for a day or two, but since then I it's an easy thing to do (and takes much less time than sewing on the buttons)..

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/280700980/hand-press-stud-setter-rivet-machine?ref=unav_listing-same-7&ep_click=1

      Delete
  2. Hi Tea! Thanks so much for those tips! That is super useful :)

    I'm determined to tackle snaps! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment