So What




These days I'm wearing very basic outfits.. It's all about clothes that are comfortable for these "stay at home" times.. Leggings, sweater tunics/dresses, knit dresses, because who wants to dress up for grocery shopping that includes waiting for (at least) half an hour in line?? To be honest, my wardrobe is missing more spring dresses..  I took that excuse and made this tunic which goes perfectly with at least two pairs of leggings I own.. 
The pattern is from Burda Style issue 04/2020, #113.. It a pattern for an oversized blouse to which I added 16 cm length and made it into a tunic.. If the fabric wasn't see through in real life this length would be good for a dress.. My second change to the pattern is sewing a normal button placket instead of hidden one.. Metal snaps are main reason for that.. For making this tunic I used all supplies I had at home.. Looking for buttons is not possible these days, so I inserted small silver metal snaps.. The fabric is very soft and delicate cotton.. It has texture which hopefully you can see on a close up photo.. I was afraid that this soft and drapey fabric would give me sewing nightmares, but it behaved normally..  The original blouse pattern has side seams slightly longer which I didn't change while adding the length.. 
The amount of fabric suggested for tunic version is 2.80m!! I find that quite a lot, and when you look at pattern layout you can see that there's a lot unused fabric.. That's why I did my best to figure out a better pattern layout and have less leftover scraps.. I managed to squeeze all pattern pieces on 1.80 m of fabric!! And my version is longer than original one :D Change to the normal placket helped a lot.. Also I decreased sleeve volume for 4 cm ;) 
For now I had the opportunity to wear this tunic only for photographing in our garden.. With a 60 hour curfew this weekend that's a pure privilege.. Our garden is blooming and we're lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy the spring outside.. I can't wait to wear it for a stroll around our neighborhood.. 







Comments

  1. This is so lovely! I have been looking at this pattern and I love what you did with it! So good to hear that you could use less fabric, too. This is very pretty as a tunic with those silvery snaps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure you can figure out a pattern layout to use less fabric too ;) Happy sewing :D

      Delete

Post a Comment