No Love Lost




At the beginning, I would love to say a few words about this lovely Nettie bodysuit I'm wearing.. It’s not made by me.. A few weeks ago, I asked Mokosha if she would make me Nettie bodysuit from Closet Case Patterns and she immediately sad yes! I always wanted to have someone who would sew something for me (birthday presents are not included!) and now I’m so happy (хвала мачко :D ).. You can see versions she made for herself here and here.. I had this cute knit fabric, orange with birds print, in my stash for couple of years.. I was saving it for something special - like Nettie.. I picked the version with high neck, medium back and long sleeves.. Low back I like the most, but the fabric was too thin for that version.. One more problem was the stretch of the fabric.. Both of us didn’t notice that the fabric stretches only in two ways, instead in four.. Luckily, I don’t have a problem wearing it :) My only part of the work was getting snaps for crotch closure.. I’m in love with my first Nettie, and I can’t wait to get some more :D But it looks like I’ll be the one sewing them in future..



Now about my make.. These days I’m experimenting with drafting patterns and this is my first wearable muslin for a skirt.. For a while I wanted to make a skirt with scallops at waistband.. I imagined that it would look nice with a simple top..  Since this was a muslin, I simply had to add a scalloped hemline, only to see if it would be too many scallops in one garment.. I took basic skirt sloper, added pockets and waistband.. Drafting scallops and making them to run in continuity was once again easy.. I’m really not sure which forces are helping me to get them right every time with all different measurements I use..  In my stash I had this navy cotton, about 60-70 cm of length, which I bought long time ago for sewing a shorts.. Since I don’t need one more navy shorts, I used it for this skirt.. 



I’m not a good model for this skirt.. You can see that it’s a bit tight at my hips.. It would be better if I added a few centimeters at that part.. If I put that fact a side, I like how scalloped waistband looks with my cute Nettie.. Somehow, scallops at the waistband and at hemline look okay in this garment.. Probably because it’s made in solid color fabric and has a simple silhouette..



Behind the camera - my dear friend Mokosha :)

Comments

  1. A very cute outfit despite being a little snug in th skirt. Maybe it will stretch a little? I love the low back on the nettie, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I'm not sure the skirt will stretch.. I'll simply have to find a new owner for it ;)

      Delete
  2. I sincerely envy your friendship … you get to share your love for sewing - how great is that!!! Bodysuits are not for me but this one is so cute and I love the scallops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, we recently started sharing sewing space, not only our love for sewing which makes everything more fun ;)
      thanks :)

      Delete
  3. The scallops look good, that extra detail that lifts it from a simple skirt to a fabulous skirt. I particularly like the scallops at the waist, something I wouldn't have thought of doing, and you've got me wondering about the little extras I could add in my own sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could put scallops on every edge :) that simple detail easily makes a garment look special ;) I also love the scallops at the waist and I'll play more with that in future..
      thanks :)

      Delete
  4. e, pa super su nam ispale fotkice.. steta sto nisi metnula i onu sa dzukelicom kojoj ne znamo ime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. htela sam da metnem malog psa, cak mi je bila ta slika u radnoj varijanti.. samo sto nisam pitala apija smem li da je mecem u blogosferu, pa mi je bilo bezveze ;)

      Delete
  5. Waaaah! I love your scallops! And I don't think there is such a thing as 'too much scallop' in an outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, thanks :) we'll see in my future experiments if there is a scallop overdose in an outfit :)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely outfit! The scalloped edges are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scallops at the waistband. Super cute design detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I plan to make myself new skirt with scallops at the waistband.. that part I like the most with this skirt ;)

      Delete
  8. You add some scallops and you have made yourself a not so common A line skirt, simple as that !! This skirt is really cute and a good match with the Nettie,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. scalloped edge always changes a simple garment and gives it a special note.. that's why I like making scallops so much :) problem is not to make them every time :P
      thanks :)

      Delete
  9. Everyone needs a friend like Mokosha! I love it all, but I especially love the scalloped skirt - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course everyone needs a friend like Mokosha :) thanks :)

      Delete

Post a Comment