This Magic Moment




During last year finding good and interesting fabrics in stores where I usually buy them was almost impossible.. There was nothing new and fun.. Everything that I liked I already had in my stash.. Great remnant bin finds were thing of a past.. Until my recent visit when I was blown away with fabric selection.. There were too many incredible finds, and had to control myself because it’s not like I have unlimited budget for fabric shopping..




The fabric that I used for this set was a remnant bin find.. It’s kind of a stiffer cotton for bedding, only 1 m of length, but 2.20 m of width!! I love this color combination, and large flower print screamed for a simple pattern.. I knew that it is a prefect fabric for making Tate Top, free sewing pattern from Workroom Social.. I saw many variations popping around sewing community, and loved very much this cropped version.. For this top you need small amount of fabric.. It can easily be made from leftover fabrics.. To my cropped version of Tate Top I added only an inch of length so I could feel more comfortable wearing it..






For the skirt I didn’t use any pattern.. It’s just a simple pleated skirt.. My biggest regret is not making the pockets.. As usual, my main excuse is pure laziness and the fact that I couldn’t find another fabric in my stash of leftovers that would go well with main fabric.. 



I really love how these two pieces look together.. In my case it rarely happens that I wear the same outfit two days in a row, and almost never four times in a week.. Big thanks to Jennifer from Workroom Social for making Tate top available to everyone :)


Behind the camera - My favorite sister Dina :D

Comments

  1. This is so perfect! The print, the pieces. So very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that outfit is beautiful, I love that it is a matching set an not just a dress. And the print is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I also like that it's not a dress, but it can look like one ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that fabric is perfect. What a gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! Such a great combination and perfect fabric! Thanks for letting me know about the Tate pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to notice cropped version of Tate top too :) the pattern is really great and easy to sew..
      thanks :)

      Delete
  5. I simply love the silhouette these pieces create …. so very cool !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I think that the outfit looks better seen in person from all the angles ;)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I'm not surprised you were getting carried away at the fabric store. Amazing silhouette .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) wait until you see some other finds ;)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for reminding me with these beautiful pieces that I have to add something similar to my summer sewing list! Gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that :) this top is great for very hot days.. I'm gonna make more of them ;)

      Delete
  8. Ca c'est tres jolii!!! Trés chic. Les model Burda???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment