Djákninn




Last week was unbelievably crazy for me.. I just came back from Berlin and very spontaneously ended up on a trip to the island of Brač (Croatia) three days later..  Just five of us, packed in one car, were on our way to spend the best May 1 ever.. I had very little time to prepare myself for this adventure.. To be more precise, only day and a half.. I was with Mokosha in our workshop, working on my April project for Burda Challenge 2015, when the decision to travel to Brač was made.. When I realized that I’ll spend next couple of days by the sea, I stopped working on challenge and switched to a new project appropriate for the seaside..



I knew exactly which pattern I wanted to use, but I had to find a perfect fabric from my stash.. While I was in Berlin I bought Burda Easy SS15.. I’m in love with all variations of pattern #4 and I’ll probably make them all at some point.. My first make is #4C, very simple loosely fitted summer dress with V back.. This is one of the easiest dresses I ever made.. There are no bust, or any kind of darts on the bodice and the skirt is made of two gathered rectangles.. The fabric I used is lightweight cotton with tribal print, very sheer.. It was one of those good remnant bin finds.. I had two pieces of the fabric, which made pattern matching easier.. The dress is fully lined with white cotton fabric.. Since both layers are very light, this is one of those dresses I will wear often during summer.. And summer is already here in Belgrade..




We're from the same tribe :)
Milna


For May 1 we made a road trip around Brač.. We went to lovely town Milna for grocery shopping, visited the best known beach Zlatni Rat and tried to find an alternative way back home.. Mokosha did a great job capturing all the fun stuff we did there.. I’m trying not to bore you with photos.. The most important thing is that we had great time there and that for the first time I get why people love going to the seaside.. For that I have to thank Matija for inviting us to this adventure :x (or maybe Franziskaner did all the magic)

View at Ložišća

Relaxing at Zlatni Rat

Pure madness when we finally made it to the paved road :D

Comments

  1. Your dress is beautiful and the road trip looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) the road trip was more fun than I could show you ;) brač is simply amazing :D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful style! This is the perfect summer dress with the large v on the back an this awsome print. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I don't think that on the back is that large.. I wore this dress only with swimsuit, but I think it could be worn with a bra too..

      Delete
  3. OH, fabulous summer sundress! I love the photographs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that dress! Great choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I'm happy that I have finally used this fabric for something.. I hope that I'll manage to make a top or two with scraps I was left with ;)

      Delete
  5. Awesome fabric, dress and scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, and sounds like an amazing trip! Love the lightweight cotton and loose fit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress! Is this pattern only in the burda magazine and has to be traced? Is it available anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) as far as I'm aware, this pattern is available only in Burda Easy SS2015 magazine..

      Delete

Post a Comment