Čarobni Akord





When I bought this fabric with print of needlepoint flowers and geometric pattern I didn’t have any idea what kind of a dress could I make with it.. I liked the vintage look the fabric had.. It also reminded me of Russian scarfs.. The fabric was sitting in my stash for a year or two.. Before I decided which pattern to use for my Drawing Lines dress, I traced the pattern for a bodice #104 from Burda 01/2013.. While sewing the previous dress with another pattern, I came up with an idea for next project.. 




The fabric is some kind of viscose or synthetic.. The print is divided on sections with solid black, needlepoint flowers and geometric pattern.. I had all the freedom in using the print of the fabric as I liked, because I had more than 2.5 m of it.. As I have already mentioned, the bodice is #104 from Burda 01/2013.. Front of the bodice has princess seams.. For those of you who are interested, this dress has elbow darts ;) The collar is my favorite detail with this pattern.. I know that it’s not complicated to add collar to any bodice, but it’s easier when it’s all ready to cut.. I didn't like the skirt with the original pattern, that's why I've changed it.. 




I used geometric pattern for collar and waist ties, and flowers for the rest of the dress.. Only pockets are form solid black fabric.. The waist ties are starting at princess seams.. To the bodice I added gathered skirt with pockets in side seams..  There were no problems with the fit.. 




The dress is comfortable and I ended up wearing it for New Year’s party.. I was crazy enough to photograph this dress on our Christmas day, when temperature was below -10°C.. It was the first day I had a cold, as if I knew that I won’t be able to move from the bed next couple of days..  



For the end, my new super cute shoes.. The closest I’ll ever get to Marc Jacobs mouse ballerinas.. 


Behind the camera – my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. Your dress fits so perfectly, and your fabric choices are always spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is stunning - and your shoes are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I can't wait warmer weather to wear these ballerinas ;) but before that happens, I want at least one more real snow :D

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous - I love the contrast collar & ties. It looks lovely in front of that snowy backdrop - although no doubt cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it took me a while to think of nice way to combine two patterns on this fabric, and I'm glad I waited until now :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous dress. You have great taste in fabric. SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, another lovely dress! And you always make them so clean... I'm also jealous of the precision of your zipper insertion. Is there some kind of a pact with the devil that you have to make to have your invisible zippers appear so pretty? If so, I'm willing to make one.

    Loved that elbow dart bit, made me laugh ;). So, actually, is there a big difference between how these sleeves and those dart-less feel? I mean, is is much easier to bend your arm? Sorry if I'm too detail-oriented ;). I've never sewn a dress with long sleeves and am currently planning do make one so I'd like to have some first-hand experience to follow before I get sewing.

    Hope you're healthy now! I made the same exact mistake of wearing my not-so-winter dress in the snow just before the New Year's Eve and ended up with a terrible cold. Never. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, I surely wouldn't have a problem in making pact with the devil for all the sewing bugs I come around, but I think that experience is what makes my invisible zipper look so neat.. and of coarse, invisible zipper foot ;)

      last time, when you asked about darts at the elbow, I had this dress on my mind ;) to be honest, I don't see any difference between sleeves with or without elbow darts.. maybe it's because my arms are so skinny, and I have more room for moving them.. sorry for not being of much help for this question..

      thanks, I'm feeling better now :) I was freezing while photographing "Drawing Lines" dress (twice), and I believe that it was the trigger for the cold.. I always thought that archaeological excavations during winter will be the perfect time to catch pneumonia, but it looks like I'm a bit wrong :P

      Delete
  6. dobra je bas! super mi je materijal skroz, tj print.. a cela me haljinica podseca na neku d&g varijantu od pre par godina (ili je ulyana, ne secam se vise).. u svakom slucaju, opet si me podsetila da je krajnje vreme da sasijem sebi jednu strukiranu haljinu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala :D pazi kad mi nisu pali na pamet d&g niti ulyana! sad i ja primecujem njihov uticaj.. podsvest je cudo :D

      Delete
  7. Wow!! what a nice dress... I really like your fabrics choise and how you matched them! And I love your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I'm so glad that you like the whole outfit :)

      Delete
  8. This is such a lovely dress!… Beautiful print I hope it feels as luxurious as it appears in the pictures. Your use of the geometric parts of the print is perfect. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, it feels luxurious, as every other dress when I'm absolutely happy with the outcome :D
      thanks Sasha :)

      Delete
  9. This dress is gorgeous. I like the idea of using two different prints, it makes the dress more interesting. It would look great though with black collar and belt as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that idea didn't cross my mind! I was so concentrated on trying to figure out how to combine two prints :) I agree with you that any contrast would look nice ;) thanks :)

      Delete
  10. What stunning fabric and the pattern suits it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is wonderful! All your outfits are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) I really enjoy making clothes :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, i love this! The fabric is a dream with that silhouette. It's got me planning...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I tried to think of best way to use the fabric :)

      Delete

Post a Comment