The New Life




Autumn has started but I’m still late with showing my summer makes.. Long time ago, I bought this lovely cotton blend fabric in pale yellow.. Very strange color choice for me.. I loved it’s softness and tiny stripes that are barely visible on the photos.. From the start I wanted to make a shirtdress with it.. I even had cute buttons in my stash.. The project waited a couple of years to get on top of my sewing list.. The main reason is probably my new favorite thing in sewing - making pleats.. First idea was to make vertical tucks on front bodice piece.. After giving it a little thought, I decided to make also horizontal tucks that would go across bust area.. The fabric is very thin and see through, a reason more to make something interesting going on there..




The pattern I used is #109 from Burda 01/2010.. I’ve already made two dresses with that pattern, one for my sister and one for myself.. With my third make I changed a few things.. Because of the lightweight fabric, it had more sense to make a sleeveless shirtdress.. In the original pattern there are only couple of vertical pintucks around button closure.. In my version, the whole front pieces of the bodice has vertical tucks, and a few horizontal ones.. Button placket I made with a separate fabric piece because I didn’t want a messy look with horizontal tucks going over it.. The skirt is a bit shorter than the pattern suggests, and those are all of my modifications for this dress..



Sewing all these tucks took me a whole afternoon, but it was worth it.. Hopefully, we’ll have more warm days this Autumn so I could wear this dress before spring.. If not, I would love to make a new version of this dress for colder days that are starting.. 


Behind the camera - мој Матија

Comments

  1. mjau! basbas super je ispala! a jos mi je vise super tvoj cokoladni ten na fotkama :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bodice :) That's a crazy amount of work but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pintucks are gorgeous, I wouldn't have thought of that myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I waited for the right fabric to try pintucks and I really love the result :D

      Delete
  4. Mnogo je slatka. Od pozadi mi se više sviđa nego od napred. Prednji deo izgleda kao smrt za peglanje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala :) ovo je jedan od onih dobrih krojeva koje cu ko zna koliko jos puta koristiti i u ko zna kojim varijantama :) malo je zahtevnije za peglanje samo dok se siju te zezancije, posle nema nikakvih problema ;) svakako je vredno truda :D

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! The whole dress looks floaty and very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) I feel very romantic wearing this dress ;)

      Delete
  6. That's amazing! What an elegant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed by that bodice, brilliant idea & your execution is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Those tucks were so worth the effort, they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful!! I adore textured fabric and your version is so lovely. Your fit is absolutely perfect, too! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was like creating my own fabric :) I'm glad you like it ;)

      Delete
  10. amazing design, I love the texture those pintucks add!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely dress and beautiful work you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely dress and beautiful work you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A woman of patience! Worth the time!
    Amazing dress Tea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment