Spacer Woman




Being late with writing posts for this blog become my habit.. In past year I had about 10 (probably more) photographed outfits I’ve sewed that never made it here (not to mentioned all other makes).. There is always something else I have to do before I leave home during day, and in the evening I’m too tired to think about writing anything, especially in English.. I’m aware that there’s alternative called instagram.. Being the one that made jokes about it, I’m still delaying to start showing my creative work and life on that media.. Until that happens, here’s a dress I made two months back when I realized that summer is coming to an end, and it was time to welcome autumn.. I started thinking about new, warmer clothes which was very hard on 30°C.. I came up with the idea of making a ¾ sleeve dress with hi-low hemline.. An easy make with a basic top pattern.. 



You might recognize the fabric.. It’s one of my favorite rayon fabrics I’ve ever worked with.. I love all the colors, the print, and the softness it has.. It’s a pure pleasure to sew and wear.. This print looks good with simple silhouette I imagined for this dress.. I cut the basic top pattern at the waist, added gathered skirt and elastic to the waistline.. I had previously drafted hi-low hemline for this kind of a skirt (one of my past unpublished projects!).. After putting all pieces together something was missing.. Being covered with this print was too much for me, and then I came up with the idea of making a blue waistband.. I used leftover blue rayon fabric for it.. Interfacing made it stiffer, so the bow on the back looks nice.. On side seams of the dress I hand-sewed thread loops to hold waistband at one place.. I love when I come up with simple and easy makes which bring the most of fun print fabrics.. 





Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. Pretty dress Tea, this fabric is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! The blue belt matches the blue from the print so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment