Chandelier


 ♫ ♪ Death In Rome - Chandelier (Sia)
Song has been removed after publishing this post :( Another strange thing happen, this post was reverted to first version of draft, not by me.. I lost original text I wrote so I'm adding shorter version published on my profiles on Kollabora and BurdaStyle.. 


This dress is my new version of one of my favorite dresses I made a couple years ago.. I waited to find a fabric that would be interesting to use for this silhouette.. When I saw this stripy print fabric I immediately knew that it’s the one for my remake..  The fabric is lightweight cotton with print that creates stripes.. The print looks great looking up close.. The pattern for the dress is very easy to draft.. All that I needed was a pattern for a woven tank top that has only bust darts.. I wanted to play more with direction of stripes so I created yokes on front and back of the bodice.. Sleeves are just a rectangles.. The skirt is also made from two gathered rectangles.. On the waist seam I added elastic to create a nice silhouette and make it comfy to wear.. 








Behind the camera - мој Матија

Comments

  1. I have no words to express how I love this dress! Great job with stripes. It was worth to wait so long for perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! (Peta from Jamaica)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress, the stripes look great and it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stripe placement and how crisp the dress looks !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment