My Delirium




Here is one of my new favorite two piece sets I made for myself.. The idea came to my mind when I bought this gorgeous rayon fabric with color splatters all over it.. Almost all the colors that I love these days in one place.. A bit chaotic and artsy.. I loved the fabric so much that I wanted to make everything with it.. After shorter thinking I decided that the skirt would be the most wearable garment.. Summer is almost here, and rayon skirt perfect for hot days.. The pattern is self drafted.. You can see my previous version here.. It is a pleated skirt with snap closure at front, and pockets in side seams.. I was so happy to finally use snaps in color, in this case pink.. To be honest, I had a problem choosing between green and pink ones.. The green snaps are in the exactly same shade of green as is the green on the fabric.. In the end I picked pink ones because they stand out more with all the colors on the fabric.. The skirt is very easy to make.. It takes me about 2, 2 and a half hours to make one.. This time I made it in midi length, inspired with one of my last year most worn skirts you have seen here.. 



With new skirt I had to make a new top too.. I picked my favorite Tate Top, but this time I made scalloped hemline.. It makes the top a lot more interesting, especially since I made it in two solid color fabrics.. Blue and gray lightweight cotton fabrics I used for this top are both scraps from my previous projects.. Originally I wanted to make it only from the blue fabric.. I had to improvise because I had enough blue only for one pattern piece.. That's why I decided combine two fabrics and make the front from blue cotton, and the back from the gray cotton.. As you can see, the back is made from two pieces because I didn’t have enough large scrapes to cut the pattern piece on fold.. The most important thing is that it all looks nice in the end.. 





Thanks to my lovely neighbor Helena for taking these photos and to her super cute dog Snupi for posing for the last photo.. While sewing the skirt, all the colors reminded me of a beer bottle for Delirium Tremens so I had to add it to the photo too :)


Comments

  1. Lovely! Great fabric and the snaps are really cool!
    I'm also a big fan of the Tate top - need to try it with scallops too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous. I adore that top - inspired to try it myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing and beer. Two of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely. I love your fabric choice. It's a perfect job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and great photos, I love the color combination and that awesome hem on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! That skirt fabric is delicious, and I love the scalloped edge to the top. Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment