Genesis


♫ ♪ Grimes - Genesis



A few months back, my friend made some long shirts from this colorful fabric.. All bright colors in one place! I fell in love with this print and went straight to the fabric store to look for it.. Sadly, it was no longer available and another idea went through my mind.. I asked my friend if she has leftover fabric, just a scrap, so I could make a crop top with it.. She saved me one scrap, and it was the perfect one, with horseman at the center (thanks greška!!).. At first I was afraid to cut the fabric.. There was no room for a mistake.. That happens to me very often when I'm dealing with fabrics that I like very much.. I have to think about all steps thoroughly before I start cutting the fabric.. My first idea was to make a Tate top.. I changed my mind when I saw pattern for asymmetric crop top #103 from Burda 03/2016.. I had enough colorful fabric to cut the front piece.. For back I used some leftover black rayon I had in my stash.. I like how rayon drapes at the back.. Sleeves I left out because I think it looks better without them, than with short black ones..  





Shorts are also made by me.. This pattern I used a lot before (pattern #111 from Burda 10/2010), you can even see one of the versions in my previous post.. This time I made it from black cotton fabric with a bit of stretch.. For the first time I made it in a solid color fabric.. That's why I finished it with scalloped hemline to make it interesting.. 



Behind the camera - мој Матија

Comments

  1. I love this fabric and also what you did with it. It's funny, I saw an equally brightly colored fabric with a very detailed landscape recently on etsy, it was a japanese design if I remember this correctly, a slightly different design than your fabric but in the same mood. This kind of fabric is really nice for tops, maybe I will buy it after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence :) You should definitely buy the fabric that you saw and make a top with it ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this whole look and I'm a big fan of Grimes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, what an amazing fabric. Clever to use the solid back - looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco :) I'm glad you like it.. After making this top I wondered if black was the right choice.. Maybe a bit too dark contrast to the fabric I used for the front, but it was the best piece of fabric I found in my scraps..

      Delete
  4. Great print, I love your choice and lucky you to get just enough for this top! I love your idea of joining together two fabrics --it actually made me realize I CAN make something with that tiny little piece of my favorite ever vintage fabric that I have. I think I'm going to follow in your footsteps and make this top, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your make :) I'm glad that this top inspired you :D I'm currently truing to find projects for all scraps and leftover fabrics that I put in a box "just in case"..

      Delete
  5. just in love with this colorful top! great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment