You Today




On my first visit to Turkish market in Berlin I saw this crazy zebra fabric and immediately fell in love with it.. But I couldn’t buy everything that I liked at that point.. First I needed to think about what could I make with this fabric.. I successfully controlled myself and decided to make another visit to the Turkish market day before we were supposed to leave Berlin..



Cap sleeve cropped top #127 from Burda 02/2015 was the best choice.. I already used this pattern once before.. This time I made a few changes to the pattern.. The back is made from one piece, not two.. I didn’t want to cut zebras and have a problem with pattern matching.. Because of that, I had to make neck opening wider so I could put it on..



I finally made a black skirt.. I needed one simple, midi length skirt for summer.. Button down gathered skirt with large pockets was the first thing that came to my mind.. The fabric I used for this one is some kind of viscose.. Skirts like this are easy to make without a pattern.. All I needed was 1.20 m of fabric and 10 buttons and cutting of all the rectangles could start..




Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :D



Comments

  1. Very sweet combination. The black skirt is very chic, looks almost like silk, not viscose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was thinking sandwashed silk too!

      Delete
    2. A friend also told me that the fabric looks like sandwashed silk too, but unfortunately, it's not.. You can see the difference when you touch the fabric..
      thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! I wish I could wear tops like this, but I get too uncomfortable with high necks and wovens...

    The fabric is gorgeous and great adjustments so you can keep it all uncut at the back... looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, thanks :) I discovered that I like wearing tops like this.. Great thing for summer :)

      Delete
  3. its gorgeous, the zebra print is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit. I love the shirt and the skirt together. Good job !!!
    (i love the zebra prints)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot :) cropped tops just scream for high waisted midi skirts ;)

      Delete
  5. As always, spot on! I agree that the fabric looks like a silk, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this look! And the zebras are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Can you send me a pattern of this beatiful skirt? So eager to saw it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment