The Melody Of A Fallen Tree




If everything went as it was planned, right now, I would be home in Belgrade.. But, somehow, this whole trip to Berlin turned out so strange, but in a good way ;) For the end, destiny decided that my friend and I couldn't go back to Belgrade because of rail strike in Germany.. We're still waiting to see when will our train to Budapest start functioning again.. Until that happens we're stuck in Berlin :D This trip was also the reason why I was silent last 10 days.. Sorry for that..


Now a few words about the dress I've made for my favorite sister.. The whole idea started when I bought this brownish fabric.. I thought that my sister would like that color, and it was time for a new experiment with lace insertion.. The fabric is made from woven black and orange fibers, and that gives copper-brownish as a result.. Since there was black in fabric, it was okay to use black cotton lace trim.. For the dress I combined two safe patterns that I've already used for my sister.. The bodice is pattern #133 from Burda 08/2012 (previously used for this dress), and the pleated skirt I took from a dress #124 from Burda 05/2007.. I wanted to have more freedom for paying with lace trims, and that's why I decided this time to make the pattern only on the back..


I'm happy that my sister is very pleased with the result.. The fit is perfect and she looks so lovely wearing it :) At first glance she thought that the lace pattern is on front of the bodice, but I thought that it would be too much as it's very see through.. This way the dress is appropriate for work and after work..
 

Comments

  1. Being stuck in Berlin doesn't sound too bad - I love that city!
    I love the dress - lace looks really cool and I like the pleated skirt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not bad at all, and we're lucky because we have where to stay ;) thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I'm going to Budapest in a month for an osteology workshop in Transylvania. When you wrote about it, I was on shock (I explain here: you have no idea how much I LOVE your projects, they are amazing. I'm always super excited whenever you post a new one just to see the pattern you used and the way you used it! If I have to go fabric shopping with a sewing blogger, it would automatically be you haha I sound like a stalker, but I'm not I assure you haha)... To bad it's not your home town!
    And about your dress, the details in the back are stunning! The color is one that I really like, because you don't see it much often, but it looks so classy! This project is once again a win for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also planing on visiting Budapest in near future, but I don't know if and when will it happen.. But since you'll be in the neighborhood, you could hop over to Belgrade and we could go fabric shopping :D That would be fun adventure ;) I don't mind if you're a stalker :P :D I'm so happy to hear how much you love my projects, and I love your makes too :)
      thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous-the color combination and the lace placement is spot on! It's a great way to really perk up what is essentially a simple pattern. Great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :) I just love bringing simple patterns to the next level ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment