Crisis




Somewhere at the end of January, I don’t remember on which blog I saw badge for Burda Challenge 2015, and I had to see what’s it all about.. Usually I’m not for challenges.. This one draw my attention because the rules are very simple and easy to follow since I sew mostly using Burda patterns.. At the same time, it’s the only way to try at least one pattern from each issue of Burda during 2015.. In time of crisis I could always switch to an older issue.. Here's my February make.. 



Not knowing for the challenge, in January I made this dress using pattern from older issues of that month.. That’s why the top is officially my true first make for the challenge.. As many others, I liked the pattern #127 from Burda 02/2015.. It’s very cute and very cropped summer top with slit at the back.. Not at all practical for winter or spring.. That’s why I decided to combine two versions of this pattern - #127 and #128.. The other one is top with long sleeves.. Also I liked very much Mokosha’s version (she’ll probably post it at some point).. Maybe my version is more like #128, because the only thing I changed is the hemline.. I kept the high-low hemline from #127, and added only an inch or two to make it a bit longer.. I finished the neckline with a neckband, only because I like that look with knit fabrics..




Things I liked the most with this pattern are all the geometric cuts.. They are visible only with solid color fabrics or in a two (or more) fabrics combo.. I went with the other option.. For couple of years I had these two knit fabrics in my stash.. They are a perfect match – the same type of fabric, colors and motifs.. Both were remnant bin finds, with few months apart.. Lucky me :) I saw this top as an opportunity to use them..  While looking at the outcome, I think this top would look better with some other fabrics.. With these two prints it's hard to see the shape of seam lines.. At some point I’ll probably steal Ellen’s  idea for summer top, because that’s the best version I’ve seen so far :)


Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. Oooh I like the panneling on the back! Those two prints are indeed a perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great seam lines - the back view is very cool. You are living justification of having a fabric stash - hanging on to those pieces for a couple of years until just the right time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) using fabrics from the stash is always a pure pleasure ;)

      Delete
  3. tek sad stigoh do posta.. i pitam se gde je taj sorts!? svidja mi se bluzica u ovoj kracoj varijanti, a super je i print sa mandalama ili kako se vec zovu ove zajebancije..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, šorts... gotov je.. samo što mi je malo knap.. previše zategnuto.. nije baš bio za fotografisanje.. lepo kažem da sam se ugojila :P ne znam kako se zovu te zezancije.. malo pidžamasto deluju materijali zajedno :P al poslužiće majica..

      Delete
  4. very cool the side view in the first picture- the placement of the cut on the sleeve is really interesting and very inspiring (my creative brain gears are turning like crazy right now ;) … btw are those sleeves shaped or is just one piece sleeve that you colorblocked ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) my laptop is going through a rough period and I had problems with scanning technical sketches of this pattern.. there you can see all the panels of the top (there's also a dress version, link bellow).. sleeves are made from two parts, and they are cut diagonally.. it's very interesting and inspiring pattern and I'll sure make at least one more version ;)
      http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/shift-dress-with-slits-022015

      Delete

Post a Comment