Little Thoughts




At last I have finished one of my UFOs – yellow mittens.. For some time I had the idea of knitting yellow mittens.. I found a yarn that I liked, 82% wool and 18% acrylic, Original - Troitsk yarns.. I didn’t try to look for mittens pattern, instead I used only youtube tutorials – Kelley's Mitten Class.. All steps are very well explained and easy to follow.. I love knitting cables and all those fun stuff, so I added the 9-stitch plaits, pattern from my go-to book 400 Knitting Stitches – Great Stitch Patterns.. I don’t have any good reason why it took me a year to finish this project, since it’s only a couple of hours knitting.. Probably because my first mitten was slightly tight, and I decided to knit it all over again.. It was all good from second try..  


Ironically, when it was time to photograph mittens, the weather has completely changed.. A week before, when we took photos for Čarobni akord dress, temperature was from -10 to -20, and now it’s sunny and +10° C.. There was no trace of the snow, so I used dried flowers as props.. 



For the end, since I’m wearing my Pink Elephants dress, I wanted to share with you that this is the dress that was featured in German issue of Burda Style magazine (11/2014).. It all happened while I was away at the archaeological excavations back in November.. I received a mms from my sister with my project on pages of my favorite sewing magazine.. Pure happiness :D Thanks Burda :D



Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. I simply love your eye for color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he, you don't think that there's too much colors on these photos? :) thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable mittens and dress! I'm so happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I'm happy to hear that :) hope you'll enjoy my future projects ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, beautiful colors together! My fav is yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's obvious that I adore yellow too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment