Got 2 Let U




Crazy ideas came to my mind during bed rest from a cold.. This is a result for one of them.. I wasn’t planning to make another plaid dress any time soon.. I went with this plaid probably because I had a good view on a pile with washed fabrics, which are waiting to be stored in a box.. The idea was to make something like a circle dress.. 



Pattern that I adjusted to my idea is #109 from Burda01/2014.. I wear a lot my first version of that top, in my case tunic.. Love those long sleeves.. For the dress version, I omitted the peplum/skirt part.. Before I started adding fullness to the bodice, I had only a vaguely idea how to do it.. If I didn’t stumble upon this great tutorial for Scout tee complex geometrics by Ebony, I would definitely improvise something without knowing how the result would look.. I wish I could have added more fullness, but I had only about 1.80 m of fabric and I wanted to maintain super long sleeves.. After adjusting the bodice pattern, I added the length to make it into a dress.. Very short dress.. The back part is longer than the front for about 3-5 cm.. Just for fun I added large pockets.. 




The fabric is some kind of a wool blend, and for that kind of fabric it drapes nicely.. Matching plaid went smoothly.. There’s not a lot of seams, so chances for mistakes are minimal.. The pockets are cut on bias.. There are no bust darts.. Sleeves are made from two parts, and I like how they fit.. Even on my skinny arms they don’t look too loose.. All hems are finished with bias tape and hand stitched with blind seam.. Instead of a button and a loop for closure at the back, I sewed hook and eye..   





Even though the dress doesn’t have any normal shape and fit, I love how it looks.. It is currently my most worn casual garment.. I can eat and drink however much I want, and there’s nothing to make me uncomfortable :D




Behind the camera – my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. aaa, savrsena je.. malo drugacija od one iz '68. koju eonima planiram da sasijem, ali mozda cak i vise savrsena od nje :) i materijal divan, kao i te carape dugacke.. totalno razumem zasto ti je ovo omiljeni komad odece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala :) he he, savrsena je za sve varijante blesavih carapa :) videces vec danas :P vec tri dana je nosam i jos mi nije dosadila.. to se retko desava :)

      Delete
  2. ahhhh … this is such a simple line and inspired make! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) it's simple line and easy to make.. and most important, comfortable to wear :)

      Delete
  3. I love this dress! It looks really comfortable and the pockets are a nice detail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's truly my fav right now :)

      Delete
  4. Your dress is so cool! I didn't know that pattern can result in something good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I love this pattern, and I'm sure I'll be using it at least once again ;)

      Delete
  5. Woo this is fab!! I love the shape!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment