Buanderie Jazz





Ever since I made this skirt I wanted to make another one.. I was pleasantly surprised how comfy it is to wear.. The pattern is #123 from Burda 12/2010, a simple high waisted mini skirt.. Horizontal waist darts at front are a detail that makes different from other skirts.. With my first skirt I was thinking ahead, I didn’t want to make a plain gray velvet skirt, so I embellished the waist line with velvet trims.. 





My second take on this pattern was not so well planned.. I had a small piece of wool fabric, about 0.60 m, a remnant bin find.. On center of that piece there was something written with yellow marker, and it was not removed after washing.. I didn’t have much fabric to work with, but I bought that remnant having this skirt on my mind.. After sewing all pieces together (main fabric and lining), and trying on the skirt, something was missing.. There was nothing interesting.. I delayed sewing the back seam, inserting a zipper and hemming the skirt until I thought of a way to make it better.. It turned out that scallops are my go to technique for making simple lines look more fun, and you’ll be seeing more projects with this detail.. Wide scallops at hemline were the best solution for this skirt..






While making the skirt, I realized that I needed a new cropped top.. Perfect opportunity to try free pattern from Grainline Studio – Hemlock tee.. My only change to the pattern is making the tee shorter.. I had this knit fabric in my stash for a while now.. Pale pink with gray roses and birds.. Birds you don’t see, because somehow, while placing the pattern pieces, I missed spots where they occur.. You can see only their tails or heads..  





Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. love the scallops on the skirt … you are completely right - the sallops ad ann interesting note to the simple cut! I think yours is the most girly hemlock I’ve ever seen <3 !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I hope I won't bore everyone with scallops :) I have an idea for one more skirt and a top :) and that's only for now..
      I feel girly and romantic wearing this Hemlock ;)

      Delete
  2. A simple skirt with a twist. I love the scalloped edge, it’s such a clever idea to make a simple piece of clothing more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep that on your mind for when you're stuck with a project ;) thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I love your wide scallops! They make this simple skirt super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I'm glad you like how the skirt looks now :)

      Delete

Post a Comment