Danger! High Voltage




I have already mentioned in one of my projects how I started sewing my outfits for archaeological fieldwork.. Last season I completely changed my look, switched from tees and pants to tunics/short dresses and leggings.. That combination turned out to be the best for super-hot summers and also very comfortable.. I like to call it my stylish while digging collection.. 



This very short dress I have made last year and it was my favorite of the season.. I used pattern #122, from Burda 04/2010.. It is simple loose dress with drawstring to give it a shape.. The fabric was find from the remnant bin.. I also had some leftovers of the fabric with owl print which I used for drawstring and bias tapes.. All those details were main reason why I really love this dress.. I added pockets for my pens, cell phone, walkie-talkie and every other little thing I could need while working..  









Somehow, skulls started dominating in this photo-shoot.. These cute shoes with skull print were a gift from my dear friend Neda, and it was first time I wore them outside.. 


My sister and I were walking around our neighborhood hoping to find a place without absurd graffiti.. We stumbled upon gray building with electrical stuff and stayed there.. Of course, I had to pose in front of the door with skull and warning – danger! High voltage.. 


All the fun did not end there.. Now I’m on the excavation, and by the trench where we are digging I saw this tape with similar message.. And there’s skull.. My friend remembered that in cottage where we keep our equipment there is a whole roll with that tape, so on our break we went there to take a few photos..  That way you can also see how my outfit looks in real archaeological life.. 


Once again for great photos credits go to my favorite sister Dina.. For the last two I have to thank my friend Snave.. And last, but not least, big thanks to my friend Neda :) 



Comments

  1. svidja mi se ova tvoja stylish while digging kolekcija.. ja trenutno razvijam svoju stylish while hiking kolekcijiu, posto od kopanja i dalje nema nista :) moracu pozajmiti ovaj broj burde od tebe jednom, nisam je uzela tad kad je izasla, a ima gomila nekih stvari u njoj koje zelim da sasijem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kad se jednom covek (khm zena) navikne na haljine, tesko je nositi nesto drugo :) i zasto da ne ovakve kombinacije za teren? ;) originalna zafrkancija mi je bila - najlepse obucen besposleni arheolog :) cu ti pozajmim ovu burdu, problema nema :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Tea ... the dress is a killer ... love you're sense of humour :) ...
    BTW congrats on being featured on Burdastyle!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha :) I had to shorten all the skull association because I couldn't concentrate to write a sentence more.. Excavations are taking all my time, and breaks are short :(
      P.S. congrats to you too for being featured on BurdaStyle :)

      Delete
  3. Another lovely dress. And such cool photography! So glad I found your blog! Big Electric Six fan too... off to see them in December, again, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much :) I've been following your blog for last couple of years (as a silent observer) and I love your style and what you make :) It's great when you live somewhere where good bands are playing all the time! I'm so jealous! Hope you'll have a great time on their gig in December :D

      Delete
  4. I am loving this collection, stylish while digging! Please, keep 'hem comin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I'll sure keep on being stylish ;) in spring I'll start making new outfits :)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute dress! I have this issue of burda, but totally overlooked that patterm just because of how frumpy the dress looked in the photo. Definitely reconsidering now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I mostly rely on technical sketches in Burda magazine.. very often is the case that their photos and styling are bad, so it's hard to see any potential in patterns.. you should definitely make this dress ;)

      Delete
  6. This dress is fantastic! I study anthropology (archeology and physical anthropology) so this collection of yours is calling me!! I love the pattern that you used and your choice of fabrics. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks :) Oh, I didn't know that you're kind of a colleague :) Here with us anthropology is one department, and physical anthropology is part of archaeology studies.. Anyways, I like comfortable and practical clothes for fieldwork.. This kind of outfits proved to be the best combinations ever ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment