Killing Time




I think it's not late to make more summer dresses.. Especially with this cute fabric waiting to be transformed into a dress.. The fabric is lightweight cotton with an interesting print (I guess those are swimmers, but I've heard other opinions like - gymnastics).. As it happens, I didn't have a clear idea about the model for the dress, I just knew I wanted something suitable for summer.. I remembered the pattern #107 from Burda 07/2017 and decided to make a few changes.. If you take a look at the pattern sketch you'll see that front bodice pieces are overlapping.. I didn't find that necessary, so I cut the front bodice piece on the fold.. Second change is adding the waistband.. Not sure why I actually did that, but it looks okay.. I think the dress would look cute even with the original higher waistline.. At the first glance the skirt looks similar as the original.. My skirt is just a basic one with many small pleats, and the original is more complicated - a combination of pleats and gathering.. Also, the hemline on my skirt is straight.. The main fabric is see-through, so I used white viscose for the lining.. 

With all my changes to the pattern, I was able to make this dress in size 36 from only 1.20 m of main fabric.. There is also one leftover piece which I'm hoping is enough for me to make one crop top.. I'm not sure how much fabric did I use for the lining because I had some white viscose leftovers from previous projects.. Zero waste is my goal ;)








Behind the camera - Matija Vukov

Comments