Hot Ride




Recently I made two of these shirt-dresses for my shop, and after posting the photos on Instagram I realized that I haven't wrote a word about this self-drafted pattern here on the blog.. This pattern I drafted last summer with an idea to make a simple but cute shirt dress-pattern that wouldn't require large amount of fabric.. Just something I could squeeze in sizes S and M from about 1.10-1.20 m of fabric.. Here's a short report about this make ;)



The pattern was easy to draft from a basic bodice pattern.. I had to draft the collar and button placket.. Also I knew I needed the waist darts so I could insert the waist ties there..  That was all I needed to make the bodice.. The skirt is just a basic skirt with a few small pleats.. Not much to say about drafting and calculating process.. The important thing is that the final outcome looks neat and polished.. My plan was to use this pattern for fabrics that drapes nicely like viscose (my number one choice for summer outfits).. For my first make I used navy polka-dot viscose fabric and it turned out great.. You can see one WIP photo here, and photos of the finished garment here and here.. That first dress I made in size M, which is size larger than I actually wear.





This gorgeous hot air balloons fabric was my recent find.. There was only about 2.20 m left, and I immediately knew that it would be perfect for my shirt-dress pattern.. Actually, for two shirt-dresses for my shop.. On the photos you can see me wearing one that's in size S and I'm loving the fit.. I wanted to photograph this dress on the rooftop, but I forgot how windy it is up there.. I was constantly trying to keep my skirt down, but my skirt and hair had some other plans.. That's why it's hard to see all the details (except on close-up photos)..




Behind the camera - Matija Vukov

Comments

  1. Thank you dit sharing! I was one of the pple going fan girl on your Instagram about the pattern. So skilful! 👌💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of cute features in this design and it works so well with the hot air balloons <3 wonderful pictures too ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment