A Different Arrangement




By now you may have noticed that I like to use basic patterns and make things a bit different.. This time I played with a shirt pattern #135 from Burda 02/2013.. It’s a pattern for a very simple bow shirt.. What I liked with this pattern is the construction of sleeves.. There are darts on sleeve cap and (in my opinion) it’s easier to sew them to armscye.. Here you can see my first two versions of this top..


The first is made from rayon, red with brownish stripes.. Instead of sewing the bow, I drafted a collar..  I wanted to play a bit with direction of stripes and I like the result.. The fabric was leftover from one of my older projects.. I didn’t have it a lot, so after cutting bodice and collar parts I used the rest for the sleeves..



For the second top I used gray lightweight cotton.. I liked how my birthday dress looked with the pleats, so I did the same thing here.. I think the top would look better if I added at least two more pleats, but it’s also okay like this.. Once again I made shorter sleeves.. The neckline is finished with bias tape..




This time my favorite sister Dina is in front of the camera ;)

Comments

  1. Love the striped version. The collar is so sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like both of them although they are quite different, with the pleated version you actually gave me the idea of making a skirt with horizontal pleats in the bottom.
    How about your trip to Berlin? Did you go for fabric shopping? Would like to know if you found any nice fabric shop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. skirt with horizontal pleats would look great :) it's always fun to play with different techniques which can change a simple garment :)
      I had great time in Berlin, but I will have to go once again to see all the things tourists see :) for me, it was a strangest trip ever.. the main thing was to have fun with friends :) that aside, I did some fabric shopping, but only on Turkish market :) I bought a couple of cotton fabrics with fun prints.. hope I'll make something with them soon ;)

      Delete
  3. oooh! Nice...
    So creative to add interest to a basic top. These are the kinds of tops I always wear and now you have given me some great ideas.
    Thank you! :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it and that I inspired you :) thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Hello! I love your version of the blouse! I'm a beginner and would love to have your advice. I see you used bias tape on the neckline. So you sewed first shoulders and then finished neckline with the bias? So no facings? And how wide was your bias?

    I just bought the patten and I don't understand well the directions. ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment