Fall Underneath





Here is another one of my stylish while digging dresses.. Couple months ago I was in a fabric store looking for fabrics.. As usual, I started with remnant bins and there was a pinkish piece of fabric with a trace of an unidentifiable print.. I looked a little more and found a piece of fabric in similar color, with fade print of parrots.. Then I knew what I had to find.. After thoroughly digging through piles of fabrics, I ended up with two pieces and three different versions of parrot pattern.. One was neon pink, with neon parrots (about 1.20m), and the other one piece was neon orange (more than 2m), but at the half of the length the print of the parrots changes from gray to slightly colorful.. Remnants are true treasure.. 



At start I knew that neon fabric is perfect for archaeological excavation.. I can still remember the time when we worked at the rescue excavations for four months, and we were required to wear neon safety vests every day.. Terrible thing.. Having a neon dress is better choice.. In my case, I have enough fabrics to make 3 versions neon dresses.. 





For the first one, and only for this season of digging, I used pattern N from Stylish Dress Book – Clothing forEveryday Wear.. The dress has a pockets and simple shape, the kind I need for work.. It also turned out to be my favorite of the season.. I love the color and the fun print, and rayon is truly the best fabric for hot summers.. Somehow I can’t imagine myself wearing neon in the city.. It would be too much..





For the end here's a photo of me in the best "chair" we have in the trench :) Wheelbarrows are very practical for a lot of things like sitting, sleeping, driving, and of coarse, moving soil from the trench..


Thanks to my favorite sister Dina and my dear friend and colleague Ivana for the photos :)  

Comments

  1. Nice dress! I'm usually not a neon kind of girl, but I really like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm also not a neon kind of girl, but archaeological excavations are perfect for wearing everything that is too crazy for normal life ;)

      Delete
  2. You find the best remnants! Very cute dress and I agree, a neon dress is much better than a neon vest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's normal here to find good remnants.. There are times when there's nothing interesting in the bins, but there are also times when it's difficult to stay in the budget :D

      Delete
  3. What a cute dress! (And with pockets!)
    I agree, rayon is so comfortable in hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) without the pockets the dress wouldn't be at all interesting ;)

      Delete
  4. dobro aljince, a materijal luuud! ponekad mi se cini kao da ne kupujemo u istoj radnji :) neke od ovih tvojih materijala nikad nisam nasla u italtesovim korpama, cak ni u minijaturnim komadima.. dobra ti ova terenska fotka, nimalo ne lici ni na jedan teren na kome sam ja bila, ali me svejedno cini nostalgicnom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. samo da italtes ponovo spusti cene pa da mogu mirno da brljam po korpama ;) da mi je neko rekao da cu nositi neon pink haljinu, pa makar samo na terenu, ne bih mu verovala :) morala sam da dodam neku terensku fotku za kraj, ali nisam imala nijednu bolju.. dzakovi sa zemljom su zaista bozanstveni :D
      hvala :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I've made this dress twice too! I love it so much and your version is so bright and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I love using patterns from Stylish dress book.. they are lovely and easy to sew ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment