Follow The Body




This dress is the result of my a collaboration with Fibers To Fabric.. It all started about three months back when dear Vishruti contacted me to see if I would be interested to try their fabrics.. After looking at their Etsy store I knew that the decision to pick one fabric will be hard.. They have great selection of Indian cotton fabrics - hand stamped, batik, ikat weave, shibori print, and many more wonderful prints.. This henna green floral print caught my eye.. The true color was hard to capture with the camera, so you must trust me that it's slightly more interesting seen in person.. If you like this print, there is one more colorway left in their shop - maroon and blue floral combination.. When the fabric arrived I was truly overwhelmed with the softness and quality.. I guess I'm so much used to work with Italian and Turkish fabrics here, that I didn't have any idea how Indian cotton looks and feels..



When I ordered the fabric I calculated how much I would need for the average dress that I make.. I didn't have any clear idea abut the actual model I would like to make.. Only thing I knew is that I would love to make an easy to wear summer dress, you know the one you just throw on and feel great.. One day I went to see Mokosha and she looked fabulous wearing her colorful dress.. That's when I finally figured out what I want to make.. Mokosha was kind enough to burrow me this vintage Vougue pattern (Very Easy Vogue 1435, by Leo Narducci).. For more info about her make, hop over to her blog.. 




It turned out that I had just enough fabric for the midi version of the dress.. I only needed to find the fabric for the lining of the bodice.. With that I didn't have much trouble.. I remembered that I had somewhere in my stash leftover of navy lightweight cotton which goes perfectly with my henna green fabric.. On the last photo you can see how pretty they look together.. This was my first time working with Vogue pattern.. There are illustrated step-by-step instructions, which makes sewing this dress super easy.. I'm very satisfied with the fit, even though the pattern comes in size 8, which by the measurements is smaller than I actually wear.. I was slightly skeptic when Mokosha told me that I shouldn't make any changes regarding the size.. I made a test version of the dress which proved that Mokosha was right..



I can't explain how much I love this dress.. It turned out like I wanted.. Easy to wear, perfect for upcoming extremely hot summer days.. I love the deep V neckline, midi length and pockets.. As soon as I finished sewing this dress I wore it for three days in a row.. One of my most worn MeMadeMay garments ;) I'm very thankful to Vishruti for providing me this fabric, and to Mokosha for borrowing me this perfect summer dress pattern :) Without them I would have never made this dress..


Behind the camera - Matija Vukov

Comments

  1. This is beautiful! A lovely pattern and fabric (new fabric store to me: hurrah)! It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment