Not In Love




Lately I've been taking more time for selfish sewing.. This cropped sweater is currently one of my favorite new makes which I want to wear all the time.. I bought this textured knit fabric on sale, only 85cm was left.. There was also more in navy color, but I liked more this light version.. Not so much can one do with short piece like that.. At that moment Burda issue 08/2016 was on my table because I used it to make a shirt.. I took one more look at the patterns and saw this cute cropped sweater #105.. One of the rare Burda moments where styling was great and even my fabric matched the one model is wearing.. Only the color is different.. Also, I loved the pleated detail on the sleeves..


I wasn't  sure if I would have enough fabric, so I quickly traced the pattern and lucky me!! I had just the right amount of fabric.. Sewing all parts went very fast.. I decided to finish all the hems with bias binding and handstitching.. After finishing everything and trying it on, I made a decision to make the same detail with pleats at the sides of the bodice because the sweater was too wide at the waist..  With that fix I got a perfect cropped sweater..




I'm very pleased with the end result.. Making these details on a simple top as this one was a success.. This sweater looks great with all my girly skirts and dresses.. It adds kind of a modern touch to my wardrobe.. And what's most important, it keeps me warm..


Behind the camera - Matija Vukov

Comments

  1. So cute. And repeating the pleats at the waist was such a great idea, as well as improving fit it adds so much more intention to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jako lijepo radiš.Može mali savjet za početnicu u šivanju-gdje kupuješ platno za šivanje?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :-) Materijale nabavljam bukvalno gde stignem :-) Najčešće u Italtes radnjama u Beogradu, kao i ostalim radnjama po centru, buvljacima, itd. Bitno je prepoznati kvalitet ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment