Opasne Igre




If my Ig isn’t wrong, I made this dress 9 weeks ago! I wanted to blog about it back then, but there was always some reason to postpone photographing it.. Very cold weather, short daylight, holidays, travel, sciatica, and three months are gone.. 


First, I want to say the biggest thanks to Ebony for making a tutorial on how to draft your own pattern for tent dress from a simple top pattern.. Maybe there is some simpler solution for redrafting, but I wasn’t lazy, and this one worked for me.. This is my second version of the same redrafted pattern.. You can see my first version here, and read more about the sewing process.. The first version of the dress, which I made two years ago, I often wear, it’s very comfortable, goes great with tights or leggings, has that unusual casual look.. Just perfect.. That’s why it was time to make a second version.. For the second version I used wool fabric I bought at the flea market.. The price was next to nothing for 2m of this plaid wool fabric.. Man who sold me the fabric said that it would be great for tablecloth!! He probably spends lots of time in local pubs, where checked tablecloths are a must.. The mark on the fabric says that it’s locally produced – Exportext Lebane.. That factory was closed at some point (as most of great textile factories in Serbia), so I might not be wrong if I say that this fabric is vintage.. 


Although I had 2 m of the fabric, I barely have any leftovers.. My OCD was at the test with pattern matching..  It couldn’t be perfect, so I settled with symmetrical one.. Sleeves are constructed from two parts, and the one that is not very visible I cut on bias because I couldn’t match the pattern.. Neckline and hemlines I finished with bias tape and hand stitching.. 


The dress turned out better than the first one (I didn't think it was possible).. I wore it day after day, until I realized it would be good to make a break and put on something else from my wardrobe (and wash the dress!).. This dress is warmer than the first one.. I don’t need to think about wearing a cardigan with it.. Just the dress is enough.. It even doesn't need ironing.. That makes it a perfect traveling outfit during winter days.. I’m a bit sad I don’t have any photo wearing this dress in Berlin.. Somehow trips to Berlin are all about having fun, without interesting photos.. 



Comments

  1. Such a cool dress, Tea! And the fabric is stunning. Too bad there won't be more from that factory...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I'm also sad that textile industry here is almost non existent.. I have one more good quality wool fabric, also locally manufactured, which I found at the flea market.. I fell very lucky when I stumble upon gems like these :D

      Delete
  2. What a great dress, looks like such fun to wear. And thanks for the fabric close-up; lovely as it is from afar, the material is really stunning seen close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I had to show that close-up photo of the fabric.. When I'm wearing the dress I catch myself staring at the fabric because weaving is so interesting.. I love how it's done and the thread colors that they've used :)

      Delete
  3. I love this dress! I'm sure I will be making some very similar dresses or tunics this winter. Such a cosy, quirky look. I love wearing this type of thing over skinny jeans and ankle boots. I can see why you wore it so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) I was kinda happy for colder weather these days because it meant I could wear this dress again! I'm still not bored with it :) Hope you'll make your version(s) and enjoy wearing it as much as I do with this one :)

      Delete

Post a Comment