Doused


♫ ♪ DIIV - Doused



Couple days ago, when I woke up and saw the sun coming through my windows, I thought, oh no, one more hot sunny day.. Where has winter gone? How can I sew winter clothes when it’s like spring outside? How can I wear all the stuff I knitted when it’s more than 10°C? I love winter and I’m really missing all the happiness that it brings.. Back to the hot day.. It inspired me to make a summer dress for which I had 3 hours.. My plan was to pick a simple dress pattern, combine it with a fabric from my stash, and to finish with sewing until 3 PM when my sister comes home from work so we can go outside and take photos while there’s daylight.. Sadly, I needed 4 hours to finish this dress.. Photo shoot had to be delayed for next day.. On the other hand, sewing a semi lined dress in 4 hours is a kind of success.. Especially after my 2 month break from sewing.. 




The pattern is #124 from Burda 07/2014… I wasn’t sure if I liked this pattern, but still wanted to try it.. I found mustard viscose fabric in my stash (another remnant bin find).. Full length of 1.30 m was enough for this dress.. I used two rectangular pieces of 0.50x1 m for the skirt, and the rest of the fabric for the bodice.. The bodice is fully lined with yellow cotton.. There was not enough lining for the skirt too (I wear the dress with underskirt).. I was in a hurry, so I didn’t sew the pockets.. Maybe it would be better if the sweetheart neckline is a bit lower, but on the other hand, this way it’s more decent for daytime..




Behind the camera – my favorite sister Dina :)

Comments

  1. So pretty! That issue is now back on my radar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) this was my favorite pattern from that issue :)

      Delete
  2. This is a cute dress. Burda has some great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Burda has a lot of great patterns ;) in almost every issue there's at least one pattern that can be used for making something nice..

      Delete
  3. Beautiful dress,and fabric choice! It fits you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this dress in the Burda magazine. It's actually also on my mind for the spring/summer sewing. Yours turned out amazing as always.

    Merry Christmas, Tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I love it better when I see it in real than on photos in the magazine or technical sketch..
      Merry Christmas to you too :) I'm still not in a holiday mood (Christmas here is in January).. I guess it will be better when my sister and I take out our holiday decorations and make some fake snow on our windows :P

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet dress… I love that neckline on you… did you stabilize it to make it lay so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sasha :) stabilizing the neckline didn't cross my mind at the time, but it would be better if I did it :( it's not that perfect..

      Delete

Post a Comment